Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Blame The Typos

Here at No One Is Reading This, we review and recommend the best undiscovered webcomics shameless Eternal Knights plug that, well, no one is reading -- kinda the opposite of this well-produced yet hollow and terrible crap.

WARNING: Webcomics recommended may contain typos or other human errors. Please immediately stop reading any webcomic I recommend if you spot even the slightest mistake. Even the most microscopically irrelevant mistakes automatically render a work of art a compleat waste of your time.

See what I did there? I used my smartness. If you missed it, Facebook your English teacher, meet them at a bar, and slap them SO HARD.

I recently recommended THE GREATEST WEBCOMIC IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, a staggeringly brilliant life-reassessing work of blinding, exciting genius. And a friend tried it, but then flat-out refused to read further than a couple pages because "ZOMG TYPOES OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!"

...because, of course, the video games, comics, and movies he currently enjoys have no mistakes in them. Nope, they're all inspected by God and that chess robot before being safely released in absolutely perfect form to the general publick.

DO YOU SEE WHAT I HAVE DONE?!?


I love Star Trek. Like, I fucking LOVE it. I trick-or-treated as Geordi LaForge. I have a First Contact poster in my art studio -- along with a model of the Enterprise NX-01 (it lights up and makes noises!). LOVE.

You know what else I love? My Nitpickers Guides. To Star Trek. You know what my beloved professionally produced TV serieses (plural) are full of? Wait for it wait just wait a little longer are you still waiting wait okay here goes MISTAKES! ZOMG!

Everything is wonky, people. Human perfection is not really perfection; it's just better than human sloppy. Everything you love, everything that is made by so called amatuers (I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SPELL THAT -- MISTAKE!!!), everything Hollywood spends hundreds of millions of dollars on, every car, bridge and skyscraper, and certainly this pathetic rambling blog post... everything is riddle* with errors.

MY FACE IS LOPSIDED. SO IS YOURS. SO IS SCARLETT JOHANSSON'S.

You can call those God's mistakes or Nature's, I don't care. What I do care about (weakest segue ever) is story. Art. Expression. I hope you care about it to -- and if you do, I hope you care more about those things than picking pointless nits.

Ideally, we would all know how to spell everything and never crash buses or date crazy chicks. In a perfect world, no one would ever spell it "athleat".

And if you consider yourself a true enthusiast, fan, or student of art and storytelling... then, ideally, a dinky-ass typo won't be all it takes to get you to pass on something that might be worlds better than the sum of it's little errors.

Fishcakes for all,
-Caley Tibbittz

P.S. As always, "like" the Eternal Knights Facebook page and get ONE TINY FRIEND to do the same, and I will send you a free sketch of any character you like.

*Seriously left the "d" off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home