Wednesday, September 05, 2012

No One Is Reading Eternal Knights - Blood, Sweat, and Tears Wasted?

Hey, Blogger... how's it goin'?

Me and Blogger used to be buddies, but I went and started my own website, launched my comic book Eternal Knights™ online, got married, wasted time posting wedding pics on Facebook, gained doughnut fat, turned 30, took up fencing -- no wait, it was DANCING (I get my "cings" confused).

But my comic. Dear God/Bhudda/Ghudda...

This thing is my entire life now. I even (shhh) work on it during my day job shifts. I'm always drawing, lettering, designing, Photoshopping, editing, writing, beating my head against anything hard, sobbing, bleeding, collapsing in a not-showered-in-up-to-three-days-heap.

...I'm pretty dedicated, is my point. But I did expect to set the world on fire already. I haven't.

See, you get all excited, you know the world and people, and where it's going, and you think GLEE EVERYONE WILL INSTANTLY GET IT TOO YAY FAME AND FORTUNE AND GOODBYE DAY JOB!

...and then reality hits: no one cares. No one is reading this:

Now, by "no one", I mean so few people that it's mathematically irrelevant. I deeply appreciate my handful of loyal readers, but a ticket outta the call center they are not. Yet. But I can get there.

So, I toil. I'm hiring a colorist (will have to work more day job to pay for yay woo). I've made the last 10 posts in a row in my pimping thread on the Bendis Board.

I will keep going. I will make this the next big thing. So why am I sitting here blogging?

Well, to whore the comic a little, sure -- but there are a lot of other talented writers and artists out there struggling to find an audience for their webcomics. I love webcomics (not the abysmally pandering Battle Pug -- other webcomics). I want to shine my tiny spotlight on the best ones.

So. WEBCOMIC REVIEWS ARE COMING! I will bring you comics you would have never found on your own. And you will love them. Or your no money back.

Wombats in my soup,
-Caley Tibbittz

P.S. If you "like" Eternal Knights and get just ONE friend to like it and say you sent 'em (or you can tell me), I will send you a free small sketch of ANY CHARACTER YOU WANT. Free shipping, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home