Thursday, September 06, 2012

No One Is Reading The Best Webcomic EVER

No, I don't mean my bitchin' webcomic Eternal Knights (yes, I'm gonna pimp it out in every entry, sue me) --

-- I'm talking about The Adventures of Jonas.

No, this is not a fan tribute to the terrible brother band; it's a diary webcomic by the titular and very talented Jonas.

It starts out a little aimless and episodic, and even the author doesn't seem to much love the start -- but he's wrong. Even in its infancy, the strip is fantastic. His world view is unique, artistic, vibrant, smart, blunt, and alive in a way most of us have forgotten how to be. Even simple situations come across as inspired in the telling.

And the art -- my God man, woman, child, and teenager, the art is FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC. It's like Bill Watterson fell in a blender with Charles Schulz and a big dash of non-douchey alt-comics. From character to expression to rough-hewn natural linework to inventive and just plain delightful color work... it's all here. It's not somewhere else. This is the place that you get this. All the this that you need.

And once we get past the high school years... holy SHIRT. Son of a HORSE. It gets kinda... mind-blowing and life-reassessing? Soul-touching? MORE DEEPLY HUMAN THAN ANY OTHER WEBCOMIC YOU WILL EVER READ EVER?



Yes.



Don't trust the Eisners; there really isn't anything better than Adventures of Jonas:

It blew me away; if it doesn't reach you, you may have died years ago. I'd see a doctor.

Medium toast on a cracker,
-Caley Tibbittz

P.S. If you "like" the Eternal Knights on Facebook and get ONE(!) friend to do so as well, then I will send you a free sketch of any character, shipped free. Start now:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home